Wednesday 30 July 2014

Zac Efron Opens Up About Addiction: I Was “Going Crazy”



Zac Efron opened up about his struggle with addiction on Monday’s “Running Wild with Bear Grylls.”
While the show certainly had its action-packed segments, the most dramatic moments may have
come when the two men sat in the wilderness and Grylls asked Efron about going to rehab.
“The challenging part was never the work,” said Efron. “That was never it. It was sort of the in-between work. The social aspects outside of it, I mean, everywhere you go, to a certain extent, there is press in some form.”

He said of the constant media attention, “That can be confusing… You spend a lot of time in your house, going crazy. Pretty soon, you need a social lubricant. Once I needed that, it became to go anywhere. It got to the point where I was caring less about the work and waiting more for the weekend.”
But Efron has done his best to put it behind him.
“I just really never again want to have to take anything from the outside into me to feel good about my outside, to be comfortable in my present skin,” he told Grylls. “And that takes a lot of work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment