Saturday 29 August 2015

Mario Balotelli Donates 50 percent Of His Salary To Children In Africa


Italian top footballer Mario Balotelli attracts a lot of controversy with his off-pitch antics that sometimes get more media prominence than his brilliant performance as a professional footballer, or even other commendable deeds that he is involved in.

One such is his generosity towards charity. Information has been out in the public for a while now that 25-year-old Balotelli gives almost half of his earnings to charity, especially Africa.

 In 2013, UK’s The Mirror quoted Balotelli’s ex-girlfriend model Tabby Brown who he dated while playing in Manchester.


She said in the interview: “He was really careful with his money…He said he didn’t want to spoil his brother and little sister and was worried people would think he was buying their friendship…A friend once told me that he gives almost half his salary to charity…”
Balotelli’s website, www.mariobalotelli.it, does not quote figures, but indicates that some charity funds go to Africa to benefit children.

In 2011, the Milan striker currently on loan from Liverpool donated the whole fee he earned as international football testimonial for La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper, starring in a TV commercial and a print campaign, to completion of a school in South Sudan.

.

LITTLE KNOWN FACTS: Mario Balotelli Donates 50% Of His Salary To Children In Africa
Balotelli with former child soldier and his friend John Kon Kelei.
The aim was to give the children an option to firearms and fighting, seeing as there was no secondary school in the village of Cuey Machar.

In an interview with France Football magazine in 2012, Balotelli said: “I am a naturalised Italian, but I’m from Ghana. I was abandoned by my parents and adopted by two angels. I suffer with racism every day. I am the first black to wear the jersey of Italy. I’m not angry, but my life experiences make me act differently from other people. Then, try to learn more before you criticise me!”


Images: Daily Mail/ Mariobalotelli.it

No comments:

Post a Comment