Wednesday 12 August 2015

Court dissolves couple's 25-year old marriage over wife's lateness in preparing meal

A customary court, Lagos, dissolved a 25-year-old marriage, between  one Olufade Adekoya and his wife Olusola,  over the wife's failure to fulfill her matrimonial obligations.
"my wife had failed in her matrimonial obligations; she doesn't prepare my food on time I have warned her several times but she wouldn't listen to me. Most times I go to the canteen to eat when am hungry, there is no point in harbouring a wife that makes me hungry. In fact, my sister saw me the one of these days, I am totally fed up. please separate us. I  am no more interested in the marriage." he said
The president of the court, Olu Adebiyi, said love no longer existed in the marriage and hence the couple should part ways.

"I Put to an end the union between both of you from today in the interest of peace," he said.
The 57-year old husband accused her wife of not preparing meals for him on time.
The respondent denied the all the allegations leveled against her and accused her husband of wanting to take another wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment